In this position you?ll provide and/or coordinate full estimating services on large, complex electrical construction projects for bid-build/design-build/Engineer, Procure and Construct projects. You?ll be required to develop project estimates requiring bid information. You?ll prepare the estimates to ensure all factors are properly considered, priced, and included in the estimate summary. Other duties will include performing site visits, and training newer, less-experienced estimators.
* Minimum of 7?years? experience in electrical estimating.
* Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings.
* Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
* Possess strong mathematical and computer skills (experience with Hard Dollar software preferred).
* Must be able to meet deadlines.
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.?
* Work independently as well as part of a team.?
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
* Research services for methods, costs and construction techniques.
* Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements is preferred.
* Must be able to occasionally travel.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We?re Different
? Consistently ranked within the top five of the ?Top 400 Contractors? according to Engineering News-Record?
? Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
? 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
? Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
? We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...