Vertex is seeking a Clinical Imaging Lead to provide strategic, scientific, and operational leadership to impact drug development with imaging endpoints. The Clinical Imaging Lead role requires an imaging scientist with expertise and hands on experience in various aspects of molecular, functional, and anatomical imaging (wotj an emphasis on anatomical imaging via MRI and/or CT). The role also requires leadership experience of cross-functional teams and experience working in a matrix environment. Understanding of the drug development process and how imaging can be utilized to impact decision making in drug development is desired.
This role entails design and execution of clinical imaging strategy to support Vertex s drug development trials in collaboration with preclinical imaging scientists, Clinical Biomarker leads, and medical directors. Beyond leading the delivery of imaging endpoints in early development studies, the Clinical Imaging lead will also provide expertise and support imaging endpoints in late development and Phase IV studies.
This Clinical Imaging Lead must clearly communicate with collaborators, key stakeholders, and management to ensure alignment with goals, priorities, and timelines. Strong oral and written communication skills are required as this position will involve working across many Vertex departments and with various staff levels, as well as with external KOLs and CROs in designing and implementing clinical imaging trials.
- Provides strategic and scientific leadership on incorporation of clinical imaging endpoints that impact decision making in Vertex s clinical trials.
- Designs clinical trial endpoints and oversees execution to ensure delivery of high-quality results in collaboration with internal stakeholders and imaging CROs.
- Represents Clinical Imaging on the Translational Medicine team (consisting of medical directors, clinical biomarkers leads, and clinical pharmacologists) and provides expert perspectives on the use of medical imaging in drug development.
- Designs and executes translational, method development clinical imaging trials by leveraging supportive pre-clinical data.
- Performs exploratory image analysis of clinical imaging data with the goal to develop novel imaging biomarkers for Vertex trials.
- Manages external CRO staff interactions and delivery of imaging data in compliance with corporate and all federal regulations.
- Develops and maintains a network of external imaging experts, KOLs, and CROs.
- MD and/or PhD in a related field (physics, engineering, applied mathematics, etc.) with 6+ yrs experience in application of in vivo imaging.
- Expertise and training in anatomical imaging (MRI or CT) and hands-on experience in acquisition and analysis of imaging data in pre-clinical or clinical setting.
- Leadership experience of cross-functional teams.
- Experience with application of clinical imaging in a drug development setting is desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective at building alliances across functions, based on end-to-end drug development experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to drive global collaborations across a matrixed organization.
Associated topics: biomedical, clinical, cytometry, drug discovery, microbiology, nephrology, nutritionist, trauma, vaccine, virus
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...