Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is looking for a Director of NA Marketing for Pipeline Products. The Director will support all commercial preparedness activities for NA related to the research of Vertex s early-stage development pipeline assets (excluding Pain and CF), including but not limited to Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency, Sickle Cell Disease (Canada only), Beta Thalassemia, and Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis. Candidates must demonstrate a track record of success in strategic thinking as well as preparing, implementing, and effectively managing tactical initiatives. This individual will thrive in an environment of rapid change; will have the proven ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams; will demonstrate a penchant for innovation, and have a commitment to bring therapies forward that can dramatically improve patients' lives.
- Drive the integrated strategic commercial plans across a broad range of diseases, products, and indications to ensure optimal product development and commercial success in NA.
- Provide compelling strategic guidance to Vertex s cross-functional Global Commercialization Teams and DSTs to impact the trajectory of early research & development programs
- Assess commercialization options, ensure NA launch preparedness, and lead pre-launch activities.
- Partner with GAPP, Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, GMAV and Managed Markets on the assessment of opportunities and development of plans.
- Develop and sustain a high degree of therapeutic knowledge in all areas of interest. Embrace, change and accept new therapeutic assignments as required.
- Develop disease state evaluations for NA to identify unmet needs and potential opportunities for Vertex.
- Identify, establish, and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders in NA across therapeutic areas.
- Work closely with the Marketing Science team to gather market insights that will impact the development of commercial strategies in the NA.
- Monitor clinical and marketplace developments to assess impact to Vertex s competitive position.
- Create Long Range Plans (LRP) and facilitate choices across assets and the portfolio.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build compelling clinical, patient, and economic value propositions.
#LI-SL1* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- 10+ years of marketing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology sectors and a strong preference for experience in many if not all of the following areas: specialty product experience, in-line marketing, U.S. product launch experience, and pipeline marketing experience
- An advanced business degree/M.B.A. or scientific degree is preferred
- A successful track record shaping commercial strategies for early-stage products
- Proven ability to successfully work in a cross-functional team setting (clinical, medical affairs, health economics, sales, managed markets, regulatory, legal, R&D, project management)
- Results-oriented and excellent analytical, strategic, business planning, communication, and decision making skills
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards with business contacts in order to maintain Vertex s excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community
- Perform all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures
Loading some great jobs for you...