As part of the Business Development Transactions team, this individual will be responsible for supporting the negotiation and execution of a range of business development transactions, including collaborations, licenses, financings, mergers and acquisitions, all aimed at helping Vertex achieve its strategic objectives and create sustained revenue and earnings growth.
- Communicating deal strategy, progress and key issues to various stakeholder audiences in a concise manner
- Soliciting internal feedback on deal issues and ensuring feedback is incorporated into deal documents in a manner that addresses Vertex s business needs
- Actively tracking issues in deal documents, developing thoughtful solutions and assisting and/or leading in the negotiating of these issues (may be repetitive to below?)
- Helping to develop negotiation strategy and leading or supporting counterparty negotiations
- Preparing supporting documentation for transactions (including external presentations, opportunity reports, management presentations, Board memos and other deal communication materials)
- Working seamlessly with the External Innovation team in their identification and technical evaluation of potential opportunities and providing guidance on deal-related communications/aspects of the early outreach phase
- Working seamlessly with the Alliance Management team and including this team in the negotiation process and providing context and information necessary for their integration and management of collaborative relationships
- Supporting due diligence efforts by managing workstreams and reviewing relevant counterparty materials
- Contributing positively to the culture of a small, mission-oriented, collegial team
- Some travel required
The successful candidate will have:
- 5-10 years business development experience, preferably in biotech; deal sheet demonstrating experience and specific roles
- Advanced degree required, MBA preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the drug research and development process and the regulatory, reimbursement and commercial environments
- Ability to simplify complex ideas/concepts and synthesize and summarize a complex set of facts
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Adept at handling multiple projects and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Comfortable reading and understanding complex legal agreements
- Ability to work cross-functionally within and beyond the Business Development organization -- Experience working with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams including R&D, Commercial, Legal, IP, Finance and Operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to think on your feet
- High emotional intelligence and ability to forge relationships internally, as well as externally.
- Ability to read a room and adjust course on the fly
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases
Loading some great jobs for you...