Job Description:Healthcare Data Scientist
Are you passionate about using data to take on business challenges? Do you have experience in healthcare specific data analytics and applied statistics? Are you looking for an opportunity to address interesting business questions in the life sciences and grow your skillset by working on a collaborative team? You might be the person we are looking for.
We are seeking a healthcare/clinical data scientist with experience in advanced analytics and a real passion for addressing business needs through data analysis and visualization to join our enterprise-wide data science and strategy team. As an individual contributor on this team, you will be addressing high-impact business questions across research and development, clinical, commercial, and operational areas. You will work side-by-side with internal partners from across the organization to develop creative solutions for our highest priority business needs. This is a unique opportunity to help build a data driven organization across functions. You will play a key role in supporting the build-out of the data science team, culture and capabilities.
- Be the primary technical lead focused on creative use of diverse data sources, such as clinical trial data, electronic health record data, insurance claims data, and/or other provider and patient level data.
- Guide deployment of advanced analytical techniques to tackle problems across different functions.
- Advise senior management on opportunities and gaps in the company s current capabilities across data science technology and infrastructure, and recommend plans for growth through adoption of new methods and/or technologies.
- Mentor and support the training of new and existing staff in data science and advanced analytics.
- Support the translation and appropriately champion advanced analytics results and capabilities (e.g. machine learning and natural language processing) to non-technical audiences.
- Participate in the broader data science community to follow the latest developments in data and technology.
- Champion an ambitious mindset and collaboration with IT, business partners, and the internal analytics community.
- PhD in Statistics, Epidemiology, Health Economics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Clinical/Biomedical Informatics or a related computational and quantitative discipline, or a Master s degree (scientific field of study) and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Domain knowledge in clinical data, real word data (e.g. Optum, Truven, IMS, Pharmetrics, Premier or others), and/or other related data sources such as providers and health systems.
- Expertise with programming languages such as R, Python or others.
- Extensive experience in applying data science to complex problems, along with a broad understanding of core statistical principles
- Understanding and experience with supervised and unsupervised ML techniques.
- Comfortable working with both technical and non-technical staff to translate concepts and algorithms into working prototypes.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with uncertainty.
- Ability to collaborate with the team and translate existing research into practical solutions and products ability to build and manage relationships with various collaborators across the company
- Bring an entrepreneurial and ethical mindset, openness, transparency, and collegiality to your work
Associated topics: data analytic, data architect, data center, data management, data quality, data warehousing, database, mongo database, mongo database administrator, sybase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...