Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. is looking to hire a Director level Human Resources Business Partner to join the HR team in Boston, MA.
Today, Vertex employs 2,600 people across three R&D sites (Boston, Oxford and San Diego) with commercial offices in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, and Australia. Approximately 2/3 of all Vertex employees are involved in R&D with a significant investment of revenue into Research on annual basis. As we build to the future, we seek an experienced Human Resources leader to partner with business leaders, to lead the build of a new (our fourth) R&D site including development and delivery of hiring plans, onboarding and assimilation, and merger & acquisition/integration support. This site will be focused on the forefront of scientific innovation in the area of Genetic Therapeutics based in the Boston area.
The HR Business Partner will provide proactive HR leadership and consultation to client groups within this fourth Research Site. The HRBP will partner with leaders on business strategy and develop and maintain an understanding of the operating environment to proactively deliver applicable solutions. This role is responsible for driving talent management, helping to architect and manage organizational change as well as the delivery of HR programs and services such as employee relations, talent/career development, manager coaching and consultation, talent acquisition of key positions, compensation processes and performance management that create a leading edge culture and climate aligned with the strategic direction of broader Vertex organization. This position reports to the Lead HRBP for Research and is an active participant on the Research HRBP LT.
- Responsible for creating the Strategic Workforce Plan for the development and launch of the new site including the development and execution of the human capital build plan with a focus on quality and speed to hire.
- Responsible for providing HR leadership and guidance to assigned client groups, along with consultation and delivery of HR programs and services to achieve business plans
- As part of Research HRBP Leadership Team, provide input, insight and strategic direction to the broader Research Strategic Workforce Plan.
- Define, build and implement value-added HR strategies and solutions that create culture of development, growth and scientific innovation.
- Act as an internal consultant to leaders, managers, and employees providing coaching and advice on a range of organizational and change issues
- Ensure the business attracts, develops, and retains high quality talent at all levels to support the growth objectives, opportunities, and strategies of the business
- Organization and HR Planning – including identifying the people and organizational implications of the business strategy, the identification and development of key talent, and succession planning
- Build strong partnerships with the HR COE’s such as compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, HREmployee Services and Operations and leadership & employee development to roll out corporate wide programs and to address client needs and business priorities
- Work with clients to implement and manage key HR processes, such as the year-end performance management process (performance assessment, calibration, and compensation planning)
- Provide employee relations expertise to client groups ensuring compliance to company practices; state and federal employment law.
- Work with managers and employees in identifying and addressing performance related issues
- Partner with Talent Acquistion and the business to develop sourcing strategies that address short and mid-term capability needs.
- Identify data analytics to identify trends and proactively create solutions to address trends
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Human Resources preferred
- 10+ years of progressive human resources experience, including deploying HR strategies to meet business objectives; experience in the areas of talent management, organizational effectiveness, management development, employee relations and strategic process management
- Merger and Acquisition/Integration experience strongly preferred
- Pharmaceutical/biotechnology experience required, with experience supporting R&D client groups strongly preferred
- Experience in building out a site or function in high growth mode
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to think globally and act locally required
Loading some great jobs for you...