The Medicinal Chemistry team is seeking an energetic, results-oriented individual, who possesses a track record of success in challenging areas of synthetic organic chemistry. The incumbent should have a passion for learning as well as the ability to generate and implement original ideas that contribute to the success of medicinal chemistry teams. Outstanding creative, technical, organizational, and communication skills are required for this position. This individual will join a medicinal chemistry team and be required to perform synthetic organic chemistry in the laboratory at a high level. The candidate will be expected to work independently within the team and be able to design and execute syntheses of challenging compounds.
- Synthesis of challenging medicinal chemistry targets
- Analysis of complex data sets and creation of design hypotheses
- Troubleshoot and optimize reaction sequences
- Synthesis of targets in both singleton and parallel fashion
- Active participation in discussions in medicinal chemistry team meetings
- Presentation of results to chemistry and project teams
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- PhD in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry, with 0-3 years of post-doctoral experience
- Master’s Degree with 4 plus years’ experience, Bachelor’s Degree with 6 plus years’ experience (industry experience preferred)
- Solid mechanistic understanding to perform troubleshooting under the guidance of their supervision
- Experience in chemical library/parallel synthesis
- Ability to multi-task to deliver on multiple targets simultaneously
- Knowledge of operation of standard laboratory instrumentation (e.g. NMR, MS, automated chromatography), as well as demonstrated capabilities in modern methods of synthesis and analysis.
- Track record of productivity as evidenced by a strong publication record
- Ability to communicate effectively with his/her supervisor
Loading some great jobs for you...