Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking a Senior Director, Global Marketing for the Pain Program. This individual will be the global brand lead for the Pain Program responsible for the overall launch strategy, collaboration with Research, Clinical Development and Commercial colleagues to ensure commercial success of the program. This individual will possess a desire for team success in a highly innovative company aimed at redefining health and transforming lives with new medicines. The position reports to the Vice President of Global Marketing.
- Partner with Research, Development & Commercial colleagues to create and communicate the vision and launch strategy to optimize the success of the Pain Program worldwide
- Provide commercial input into the Clinical Development plan and Regulatory strategy to optimize launch success
- Co-lead the Pain Late Stage Project Team with Clinical Development across multiple functions to ensure successful execution of the Pain program for launch as well as creation of a clear Life Cycle strategies.
- Lead the Global Commercial Team to create & execute the Global Commercialization Strategy
- Ensure global launch readiness through preparation and support of regions and countries
- Ensure integration and geographic alignment of commercial strategies
- Partner with Research, Development & Commercial colleagues to create and communicate the vision, strategy, and key global initiatives that will prepare pain assets for launch and lifetime value maximization
- Lead the Global Commercial Brand.
- Gather competitive insights in pain and assess impact on Vertex’s competitive position
- Develop global sales forecasts for Pain franchise within the long-range plan, identify key levers in the forecast and create strategies and global tactics to drive success.
- Partner with the Global Market Access & Value team on the development of value propositions for Pain assets across all age ranges.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10-15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or consulting arena, including some combination of marketing, sales, or market research and new product planning.
- Global or country experience an advantage
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to clearly distill commercial strategies into understandable, and actionable recommendations.
- Ability to drive disruptive innovation in a category.
- Thought leadership and team leadership skills.
- Results oriented and strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage initiatives that require collaboration across multiple functional areas.
- An MBA or advanced science/medical degree
- Launch experience in the Pain market in the US or EU is ideal
- Global experience working across regions and countries a plus.
- A strong understanding of the legal and regulatory environment
- Display solid ethics and demonstrated integrity on the job
Loading some great jobs for you...