The Senior Director of Business Development Finance is the CFO organization s point-person for supporting external business development assessments, due diligence, deal negotiation and post-merger integration and tracking. In addition to being the primary lead for business development financial analysis and modeling, the Sr. Director identifies transaction-related accounting, tax, treasury, sourcing and other business issues and partners with functional experts as needed. S/he also ensures that Business Development activities and transactions are appropriately reflected in company budgets, forecasts, and long-range planning.
- Partners with Business Development and other business stakeholders to articulate the strategic rationale and the business case for business development opportunities, including collaborations, licenses and M&A transactions. Leads financial and other analyses required to evaluate and justify business cases and ensure good decision-making.
- Assesses the financial impact to company for potential new acquisitions, collaboration and licensing opportunities, ensuring alignment with appropriate internal plans, external benchmarks, and industry best practice.
- Provides leadership and oversight on transaction execution, including driving standardized due diligence processes, and internal communication/collaboration across all relevant functions. Supports the execution of transactions with contract review and participation in negotiations. Ensures that accounting, tax, and other specialist functions are advised on potential transaction issues on a timely basis.
- Conducts post-transaction analysis and tracking against deal assumptions and milestones. Plays a leading role in integration activities or other projects, as needed.
- Provides relevant strategic analysis of market trends, industry peers, capital markets conditions, and other topics relevant to Business Development and Corporate Finance.
- Supports Long Range Planning, by partnering with corporate finance and business partners to ensure alignment of Business Development efforts and the long-term business outlook.
- Performs scenario analyses around Long Range Plan trajectories to ensure delivery of strategic and corporate goals, and communicates analyses to key business partners.
- Assesses corporate financial decisions, such as capital allocation and investment strategies.
- Effectively manages and develops an analyst or senior analyst and promotes the rotation of high-performing talent into and out of the group. Both results oriented and a team player, able to pivot between coaching and a hands-on management when necessary. Fosters a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability.
- Over 15 years of progressive, relevant financial experience, including at least three years of experience in deal-related roles. BS Degree in Finance or Accounting, Masters preferred. Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen and judgment, and knowledge of the company s markets/products and industry trends. Able to think strategically about business issues.
- Skilled in all aspects of transaction management including, search, evaluation, due diligence, deal structure, negotiation, financing and integration.
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to drive generation of business case/plan.
- Strong communication skills to present decision-relevant insights and recommendations and analyses to senior executives. Comfortable with active debate and able to persuade others.
- Experience in collaboration with colleagues (within or outside of finance) in sharing insights and learnings and partnering to ensure timely execution of project plans.
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset, with flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
Associated topics: accounting, cash, chief finance officer, credit, equity trading, finance, financial, financial controller, financial planning, fiscal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...