Vertex is seeking a talented individual to join its Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) group in Boston, MA. The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager is to execute strategic plans to optimize the supporting evidence and value proposition of Vertex hemoglobinopathy, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, and chronic kidney disease pipeline products through each stage of their development. This position reports to the Director of HEOR for these programs.
- Assist in the design, development, and execution of health economic and outcomes research tactics to support pipeline product strategies and demonstrate value to key stakeholders
- Help to manage the integration of economic, health-related quality of life/patient reported outcome, and resource use parameters into Phase II-III development programs
- Execute prospective and retrospective studies including claims-based analyses, early economic modeling, comparative effectiveness, meta-analyses/systematic reviews, and patient-reported outcomes (PROs) to support the value propositions of future Vertex medicines
- Follow best practices for HEOR data collection, analysis, modeling, dissemination and publication; ensure the high quality of data collection and analysis
- Effectively communicate health economic and outcomes research findings internally and externally
#LI-SL1* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- An advanced degree (e.g., PhD, PharmD, MPH, MS) and an educational focus in the areas of health economics or outcomes research.
- 3 - 5 years of current experience with health economics and outcomes research within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, in either a consulting or pharmaceutical environment
- Working knowledge of epidemiology, PROs, reimbursement and pricing environment, economic modeling, clinical development and commercial activities desired
- A track record of success functioning in dynamic, matrix environments with the ability to multitask seamlessly
- Strong attention to detail and quality focused
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to effectively present technical data and complex concepts to diverse audiences
Loading some great jobs for you...